jueves, 21 de agosto de 2008

1. The difference between a blog and a book is that the blog is found on the internet, it is reachable for all people with web connection, and may be created with no editorial or copyright permission. The blog is easier to make in the sense of time, and it is free for anyone to read it. You can comment directly about the reading on the blog, and the blog is not as long or as complete as a book in most cases. The book is more complete in the sense that it can use as much description and time as possible, when the blog if for quick readings, and more intense subjects. the book has been around for over 1,000 years, and it is a practical thing to read, and easy to reach. Nevertheless, a blog can be read anywhere in the world, while a book, you have to search for it, and you may not find it. You can edit blogs after published, while books after publishing cant be changed; so sometimes they cant adapt to the present day circumstances. A book is something more to read long term, and to enjoy it, and the blog is more for information for homeworks, or work. In my opinion I prefer books, they are good to read and much more deep. 

2. Blogs have changed recently in the way, that now they are used to talk to entire cyber communities, to express political ideas or your own movement ideas. Basically blogs adapt to whatever the day offers, or whatever is going on. For example blogs where used to teach people things they wanted to know, today we are using the blogger to answer our homework's questions and to communicate with our teacher. Blogs have proven to be very useful over the years. 

3. I might read  a blog because I'm looking for a certain piece of information or a story about something, so when I look this up in a search engine, maybe the most relevant results of what I want are these blogs. A blog is like a normal webpage were you find information you need. I would also read a blog if I'm interested on what other people in the world think about a worldwide subject, or maybe politics or economics. A blog gives you info, so why not read it?

4. Even when I think a blog is a good source of information, some blogs may have inaccurate information, or information that is false with the goal to harm a certain group or organization. After all anyone can create a blog, and write anything in it. So maybe there is a reason to doubt the objectivity of a blog. You wouldn't want to present or talk about false information, thats why I would look for other sources if they are, or look fora blog that looks honest and secure. 

5. If I kept my own blog, I would have to have something to talk about that I have extensive knowledge about. So I would probably name it something to do with the subject. I don't think I know about something so much to do a blog about it. Currently the blog I have has a good name, that has to do with what I'm focused on right now. 

No hay comentarios: