martes, 2 de septiembre de 2008

Ch VI.VII The Fall of Enkidu

I will take the freedom to say, that this two chapters are a sort of a small climax in the poem because a character is on his death bed, because of Gilgamesh. Because of his beauty, and his high talented place. "Be my lover, be my husband," she spoke and said. "Give me the seed of your body..." (pg.29) Gilgamesh, as I come to understanding, and that way disagreeing, or accepting my naiveness about this poem, on my first entry, is a piece in which demons, gods, goddesses, and mythic creatures take place. This is the main aspect you have to have in mind before reading. I also understand now, that Gilgamesh is not only a showoff of a king, and a charlatan as I thought, but he knows what he wants, he is determined,  and is doing. He knows what is best, and what is up to his level. After this comment of the goddess, he says he is not interested. "The king of Uruk  has found out and told about my foulness."(pg. 32) He is a god, he is wise. this is the peak of the tablets; this unleashes the goddesses wrath. Enkidu and Gilgamesh sleighed the Bull of Heaven together. "They killed the Bull of Heaven and killed Huwawa, one of them must die, the one of them who felled the tallest cedar." then Enil said that Enkidu must die, but Gilgamesh the gifted must not die." (pg. 37).  I understand the fact that Gilgamesh is wise, and strong, and the mighty, but we still haven't found out what aspect of Enkidu is what makes him like Gilgamesh. In my point of view, they should both get punished, not only one. It is unfair. Enkidu gets sick, and lies in his death bed. He will die, but will be remembered, and probably Gilgamesh will take revenge of this...

No hay comentarios: